November 29, 2010

Holiday Knitting

Its that time of year again! God, I love the holidays. Mostly because I love giving presents, and I love having an excuse to knit! The best part is trying to personalize each gift. The hard part is trying to figure out if they would like it. Most patterns are at least slightly outdated, so its up to me to tweak them to suit my needs. I sometimes just cut out the middle man and ask my friends what they want me to knit them. I show them the pattern and some yarn choices. I usually deviate some from that but it at least gives me an idea of what they like.

Take this ribbed cowl. I knit it for myself and my friend said she really liked it. She asked me to make her one. I asked her what color she wanted and she said the very same one. Which was a relief because I happened to have an extra skein of that yarn!
I hope I can accommodate my Jewish friends and can get some done before Hanukkah! Its coming so early this year.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I thought you were going to say that you gave the original to the friend. Knitting another one is pretty disciplined!

    ReplyDelete